Monday, June 2, 2008

Hi Friend~

My mom always tells the story of how when I was little, everyone was my friend..I would walk up to just about anyone and say "Hi Friend"...I think I'm still pretty much like that these days, but Ive changed my wording up a little bit :) I love meeting new people and from what Ive heard through my sister this is definitely a great way to do it...

So where do I begin?




My name is Denise and I'm in my early 30's, I am the mother to three amazing kids...Brandon is my oldest and he is 14 a month shy of 15, Hailey Bug is next in line at 13, and my baby girl Makenzie Kay is 8. I am married to my high school sweet heart Michael, we started dating when I was 15 years old and have remained together almost 19 years now..As a matter of fact the 9th will be our "19" years of being together anniversary! He is the love of my life and my best friend. This September we will be married 14 years. I couldn't imagine my life without him.



























I am the oldest of all my sisters...after that is Sara, Ginger, another sister Lindsey and the youngest of the bunch is Morgan...In between there we lost a baby brother when he was only 2 months old...he was a preemie and just didn't have the fully developed lungs to make it...His name was Hobie....My sisters, well except for Ging have all recently married and I have been blessed with 3 great brother in laws, Josh, Nate & Mike..Its so nice to have some men in our family! Growing up with all girls could be crazy at times!My husband has a brother and sister so Ive been blessed another sister Shannon and a great brother in law, Jimmy as well... Both of them are married as well so I have a bro in law, AJ and a sister in law Michelle too. Mikes mom Janice aka Momo is probably one of my best friends, I am truly blessed with a terrific family and I love them all so much.


I am a stay at home mom and have been for about 8 years now, with the exception of a year and a month where I went to go work with 2 of my sisters at the mortgage company, a whirlwind of a job, but I loved it...Too bad that didn't last when the whole sub prime industry went under, so did our company. But Ive enjoyed being back home with my babies...Ive dabbled in a few at home type of businesses, selling Cookie Lee jewelry for awhile, then started making these cute little can coolie cups for girls, called Floozie Koozies...but my newest venture is my salsa..Its a recipe that has been in Mikes family for years, but somehow the two of us took it over and then I just ran with it! I was making jars of it for holidays and giving it away when people started just raving about it and asking for refills and telling me to sell it! So my mother in law and I thought of a name (D-bomb, that's what Mike calls me) we had some labels made and Sara made me up some business cards, and in the last 3 months Ive probably sold over 200 jars! Its pretty exciting! I'm trying to figure a way to send it via the mail and still keep it fresh...any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I jar it in mason jars and its made fresh with all fresh ingredients so it needs to stay cold, but I think freezing it will ruin the taste..I'm going to do some experimenting this week!

Well I sure hope I havent bored you all to death, but those are pretty much the hi lights of my life, my family my friends and my salsa!

Now I'm going to go around the house and look for something RED so I can play in Saras game...(Dont think its going to be too hard, being my house is all Americana!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

Wiki Wiki Wahine said...

Hi Friend!

You did a great job! Let me tell you that you are D Bomb. We miss you and the family. I hope to see you soon. Also,I hope you do get a few suggestions on how to mail your salsa. I'M OUT! Lol.
Hugs!
Melissa k.

shannon2811 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.